Technical support projects
New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT)
Context – The ASEAN Humanitarian Assistance (AHA) Centre was established in 2011 to facilitate coordination and cooperation among ASEAN member states, the United Nations and international organisations for disaster management in the ASEAN region. MFAT contracted Humanitarian Advisory Group to support the development and capacity stergnthening of the AHA Centre.
Support provided – We provide and facilitate technical and training assistance to the AHA Centre to support capacity development in data analysis, information sharing, organisational development, staff safety and security, and enhanced ICT systems.
- Facilitation and development of Protection of Civilians (PoC) Guidelines with the Australian Defence Force and the Australian Federal Police (Australian Civil Military Centre)
- Provision of training and technical support to the ASEAN Humanitarian Assistance (AHA) Centre (NZ Aid Programme)
- Support for Strategy Development, Theories of Change and Framework Development Technical Support (Caritas Australia)
- Facilitation and development of the Women Peace and Security (WPS) Nation Action Plan (NAP) Report Card (ACFID)
- Review of the Civil-Military Advisor Position (ACFID)
- Development of 2014 Child Well-being report (World Vision Indonesia)
- Development of the Global Protection Mainstreaming Inter-Agency Protection Mainstreaming Training of Trainers (TOT) (secondment World Vision Australia)
- Development of a Humanitarian Inclusion Tool (CBM/HPA)
- Chairing of Humanitarian Partnership Agreement Activation (HPA/DFAT)